Thursday, January 26, 2012

Saline Sinus Rinse Allergy Treatment Recipe | AAAAI

I like to make my sinus rinse solution at home. It's not only cheaper, but it's healthier because I control what's in it and there are no additives. I can use a bulb syringe to give my sinuses as much or as little pressure as I want. This simple recipe is the best I've come across, and it's recommended by a reputable source.
All it calls for is: salt, baking soda, and distilled water.

"In a clean container, mix 3 heaping teaspoons of iodide-free salt with 1 rounded teaspoon of baking soda and store in a small airtight container. Add 1 teaspoon of the mixture to 8 ounces (1 cup) of lukewarm distilled or boiled water.

Use less dry ingredients to make a weaker solution if burning or stinging is experienced. For children, use a half-teaspoon with 4 ounces of water."

No comments: